“Cisphobia” Is Like Santa Claus…
*TRIGGER WARNING: Contains descriptions of violence.
… in that it is a concept.
Santa Claus symbolizes the spirit of giving, generosity and all that is good and lives in the hearts of people. So too, does “cisphobia” live in the hearts of people… in the form of hate by the very people who claim to be oppressed by those they actively oppress.
The false construct of “cisphobia” (“cisgender” + “phobia” = the irrational fear of cisgender people, presumably by people who are not cisgender) runs parallel to the false construct of “reverse racism,” which was created by white bigots (the oppressors) to put the onus of oppression back onto people of color (the oppressed.) The entire concept is ridiculous: The only “reverse” of racism is a lack of racism. But what’s one to expect from hateful bigots? Blaming the victim is part of their repertoire.
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING irrational about transgender or other non-cisgender people being afraid of cisgender people, as many cisgender people seem threatened by the very existence of transgender people (it seems that trying to explain non-binary gender, agender, gender fluidity, etc. would be like an exercise in futility), and appear to believe that their ignorance and incomprehension gives them tacit permission to commit unspeakable acts of violence against anyone who is not cisgender, white and male, which puts transgender women of color at the highest risk for being raped, tortured, murdered and mutilated by these pre-Neanderthal animals.
“Cisphobia” is not real.
And until cisgender people are preyed upon by transgender or other non-cisgender people due to an irrational fear of cisgender people by non-cisgender people, it will never be real. I find that highly unlikely, at least in my lifetime.
- Dear Piers Morgan, Cisphobia Isn’t Real (And You’re A Jerk) (nyulocal.com)
- Cisphobia (transilhouette.wordpress.com)
- UPDATED: Piers Morgan claims to be a “victim of cisphobia” after Janet Mock perfectly mocks his ignorance on Twitter (salon.com)
- 19 Things Bad ‘Allies’ Say (thoughtcatalog.com)
- cisgender (abagond.wordpress.com)
- Piers Morgan messed up an interview with a transgender rights activist, claimed to be a victim of ‘cisphobia’ – Twitter laughed in his smug, ridiculous face (usvsth3m.com)
- Piers Morgan Interviews Janet Mock: How Not to be an Ally (bluestockingsmag.com)
Posted on February 8, 2014, in transgender, transphobia and tagged cis, cisgender, cisphobia, discrimination, gender binary, misogyny, oppression, Rape, sexual violence, trans, transgender, transphobia, violence. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on “Cisphobia” Is Like Santa Claus….